Accounting, Benefits, & Payroll Specialist
Accounting, Benefits & Payroll Specialist
Beginning June 2020
Four years of experience in public sector accounting, budgeting, finance, business management, payroll administration, and/or benefits administration. Preference may be given to applicants with relevant experience working for a Utah school district. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Full job description is available here - Accounting, Benefits, & Payroll Specialist
Application should be submitted to:
Emery County School District Office
PO Box 120
Huntington, UT 84528
Deadline for Applications:
This position will remain open and applications accepted until a qualified candidate is hired. An inital review of applications will be held on Friday, May 22nd.
Questions may be directed to Jared Black - Business Administrator at 435-687-9846.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Transport students to various activities; monitor activity and behavior to assure safety; may administer routine discipline as needed to maintain order and safety.
- Perform basic pre and post-trip inspections of vehicles; assure proper fuel and other fluid levels; complete various travel records and log and sign-in sheets as required.
- Participate in various traiing and workshop activities related to operating standards, processes and procedures.
- Communicate with parents as needed to exchange factual information.
- Perform regular cleaning and washing of assigned vehicle.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Commerical Drivers License, have a clean driving record, and be willing to operate a school bus during various weather extremes and highway conditions.
- At least 21 years of age and meet related criteria as described under "Standards for Utah School Buses and Operations".
- Sufficient education to demonstrate an aptitude or ability to perform necessary duties, and at least three years experience in driving, preferably in multi-passenger vehicles - or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully pass required driving competency tests leading to the acquisition of required licensing.
- Knowledge of: 1) geographical region to be driven; 2) state highway and driving laws; and 3) vehicle operation and safety regulations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, parents and students.
- Ability to demonstrate maturity in dealing with various child and adolescent behaviors.
Applications may be picked up at the Bus Garage - 855 North 175 West, Castle Dale, UT 84513.
Applications or Requests for Transfer should be submitted to:
Roger Swenson, Transporation Supervisor
Emery School District
PO Box 1177
Castle Dale, UT 84513
Any questions may be directed to Roger Swenson, Transportation Supervisor @ 435-381-2611
Applications accepted until filled
District Wide Substitute Teachers
DescriptionEmery School District is accepting applications for Substitute Teachers.
Approved applicant names will be sent to schools who will schedule subs as needed. Scheduling is usually done in advance, but in case of illness, a sub may be called the same day as needed.
When applying you may indicate schools or grade level preferred.
QualificationsBasic academic and communication skills;
Ability to follow lesson plans as laid out by teacher;
Ability to work in a positive & effective manner with students;
Ability to relate to, and work well with school personnel;
Ability to maintain confidentiality;
Ability to work flexible hours.
Must pass a background check.
Substitute RatesRate of pay varies . . .
Sub Level Daily Rate Non-Licensed/No Training $65.00 Non-Licensed/Trained $70.00** Licensed $75.00 Cumulative Days 30+ (In Same School Year) $95.00 Cumulative Days 60+ (Prior & Current School Year) $95.00 Consecutive Days 11-29 (All Teaching Substitutes) $95.00 Consecutive Days 30+ (All Teaching Substitutes) Beginning Licensed Salary
** Completion of an online SubSkills Training Course will add $5.00 extra pay per day. This course can be accessed by visiting the following site: http://mylearning.stedi.org .
Once an individual has completed the course, they can print out their completion certificate and bring it in to the district to qualify for the additional $5.00 per day from that point on.
There are four different options, choose the one that best fits your needs. Currently the price for these different options are: $39.95 for either basic course A or basic course B. $59.95 for the Premium course, and $79.95 for the Ultimate course. Emery School District will accept any of these options.
SubSkills training is not required to be a substitute and is at your own cost.
- Application Procedure
Applications can be found on this website or picked up in person at the District Office, 120 N Main, Huntington, UT.
Applicant must pass a background check. This scan is done in our office at the cost of $37. Please call ahead to schedule.Applications can be found on this website or picked up in person at the District Office, 120 N Main, Huntington, UT.
Applicant must pass a background check. This scan is done in our office at the cost of $37. Please call ahead to schedule.
Substitute Application (in PDF)
Social Science/Language Arts Teacher - San Rafael Middle School
Applications. resumes, portfolios (and/or letter of transfer) should be submitted to:
Emery School District
PO Box 120
Huntington, UT 84528
Deadline for Application
For additional information, contact:
Doug Mecham, Principal - San Rafael Middle School (435) 384-2335