Preschool Assistant - Book Cliff Elementary
Assist the preschool coordinator performing a variety of advance preschool classroom duties to facilitate and implement the day-to-day activities of a quality early childhood program; oversees informal assessments, classroom management and preschool aide-assist duties; Preschool teacher mentoring.
- Have good communication skills;
- Work in a positive & effective manner with students and families with multiple challenges;
- Relate to, and work well with school personnel;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Work flexible hours.
*Associates Degree is preferred with experience working in preschool, or pass the ETS Para-educators test.
Assist and support preschool coordinator with preschool program district-wide. Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, and supervise children to ensure their health and safety.
Applications or letter of transfer should be submitted to:
Larry Davis, Superintendent
Emery County School District
PO Box 120
Huntington, UT 84528
Any questions may be directed to Amanda Nelson at 435-749-0216 or JR Jones at 435-687-9846
Applications or letters of transfer accepted until 12/3/2019. Applications available at link on this page.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Transport students to various activities; monitor activity and behavior to assure safety; may administer routine discipline as needed to maintain order and safety.
- Perform basic pre and post-trip inspections of vehicles; assure proper fuel and other fluid levels; complete various travel records and log and sign-in sheets as required.
- Participate in various traiing and workshop activities related to operating standards, processes and procedures.
- Communicate with parents as needed to exchange factual information.
- Perform regular cleaning and washing of assigned vehicle.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Commerical Drivers License, have a clean driving record, and be willing to operate a school bus during various weather extremes and highway conditions.
- At least 21 years of age and meet related criteria as described under "Standards for Utah School Buses and Operations".
- Sufficient education to demonstrate an aptitude or ability to perform necessary duties, and at least three years experience in driving, preferably in multi-passenger vehicles - or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully pass required driving competency tests leading to the acquisition of required licensing.
- Knowledge of: 1) geographical region to be driven; 2) state highway and driving laws; and 3) vehicle operation and safety regulations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, parents and students.
- Ability to demonstrate maturity in dealing with various child and adolescent behaviors.
Applications may be picked up at the Bus Garage - 855 North 175 West, Castle Dale, UT 84513.
Applications or Requests for Transfer should be submitted to:
Roger Swenson, Transporation Supervisor
Emery School District
PO Box 1177
Castle Dale, UT 84513
Any questions may be directed to Roger Swenson, Transportation Supervisor @ 435-381-2611
Applications accepted until filled
Coaching Positions - San Rafael Middle
Head Wrestling Coach
Head Girls Basketball Coach
- Ability to motivate and inspire players
- Knowledge of and ability to teach fundamental skills and rules
- Prepare for and conduct effective practice sessions
- Prepare team for competitions
- Ensure that team members meet eligibility requirements
- The ability to communicate effectively with the parents of team members
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Teach sportsmanship and team unity
- Be a positive “role model”
- Ability and desire to give the time and energy necessary to be successful
Applications may be picked up at the Emery School District Office, 120 North Main Street, Huntington, Utah. Applications may also be accessed via the link on this page.
Applications should be submitted to:
Superintendent Larry Davis
Emery School District
PO Box 120
Huntington, Utah 84528
For more information, contact Principal Doug Mecham at 435-384-2335
Open until filled
District Wide Substitute Teachers
DescriptionEmery School District is accepting applications for Substitute Teachers.
Approved applicant names will be sent to schools who will schedule subs as needed. Scheduling is usually done in advance, but in case of illness, a sub may be called the same day as needed.
When applying you may indicate schools or grade level preferred.
QualificationsBasic academic and communication skills;
Ability to follow lesson plans as laid out by teacher;
Ability to work in a positive & effective manner with students;
Ability to relate to, and work well with school personnel;
Ability to maintain confidentiality;
Ability to work flexible hours.
Must pass a background check.
Substitute RatesRate of pay varies . . .
Sub Level Daily Rate Non-Licensed/No Training $65.00 Non-Licensed/Trained $70.00** Licensed $75.00 Cumulative Days 30+ (In Same School Year) $95.00 Cumulative Days 60+ (Prior & Current School Year) $95.00 Consecutive Days 11-29 (All Teaching Substitutes) $95.00 Consecutive Days 30+ (All Teaching Substitutes) Beginning Licensed Salary
** Completion of an online SubSkills Training Course will add $5.00 extra pay per day. This course can be accessed by visiting the following site: http://mylearning.stedi.org .
Once an individual has completed the course, they can print out their completion certificate and bring it in to the district to qualify for the additional $5.00 per day from that point on.
There are four different options, choose the one that best fits your needs. Currently the price for these different options are: $39.95 for either basic course A or basic course B. $59.95 for the Premium course, and $79.95 for the Ultimate course. Emery School District will accept any of these options.
SubSkills training is not required to be a substitute and is at your own cost.
- Application Procedure
Applications can be found on this website or picked up in person at the District Office, 120 N Main, Huntington, UT.
Applicant must pass a background check. This scan is done in our office at the cost of $37. Please call ahead to schedule.Applications can be found on this website or picked up in person at the District Office, 120 N Main, Huntington, UT.
Applicant must pass a background check. This scan is done in our office at the cost of $37. Please call ahead to schedule.
Substitute Application (in PDF)